16 november 2006

Catching Up

It has been a busy few weeks, with birthday dinners/get-togethers for a good friend, my brother-in-law, my mom, and my nephew (who has turned ONE!). A few nights of crafting, celebrating my other brother-in-law’s convocation, a wrap-up meeting with the Festival Committee, dinner with the Festival Committee members, Halloween goody giving, organizing my magyar szoba, and of course Survivor Nights and TAR Nights. I've been having a great time!

Last night we had a Craft Night at my place, we all worked on different projects, it was so nice to have everyone over and to relax and do some crafts. I painted a cute little wooden shovel for my front doorway; I’ll add some greenery, ribbons and embellishments to it after I put on a topcoat. (If the others don’t post on their blogs then I’ll add pictures of their crafts as well). When Zsuzsi, Julie and Kati left I couldn’t put it away so I finished the painting portion of the shovel.

Pic 1 – raw wood
Pic 2 – painting in progress
Pic 3 – progress when they left
Pic 4 – painting completed



Below is the penguin push-toy I made from scratch for Gábor for his first birthday. It’s based on one I found on the web. Gábor had a great birthday party (see Nancy and Robb’s blog for pictures) and Gábor was absolutely adorable (as usual). I can’t believe it has already been a year.



On November 3rd, Julie, Zsuzsi and I went to UB the Artist to paint ceramics; I did a small striped Christmas tree ornament and a tray. I got them last night and I’m happy with the way they turned out (they are not perfect, but I like them).

4 megjegyzés:

Zsuzsa írta...

The shovel looks AWESOME!!

Nancy (kis mama) írta...

Elsie they all look great! I love the tray as wel. It all looks great! Robb wants to know where are tray is?

Laci írta...

All of them turned out fantastic! I can't believe you finished your shovel!!! I love it!

Névtelen írta...

Elsie all your craft`s look very good, keep up the good work
Mom