29 augusztus 2010

the last weekend of August...

and again I didn't spend it at home.
Headed over to Sue and George's for csevab for dinner on Thursday night, and stayed until Sunday again. Thursday night we saw deer again in their back field, and watched the moon come out - it was so bright!


Friday and Saturday, I helped them a teeny bit on their yard work, they were happily mowing away on their tractors, enjoyed the weather when I could, took pictures of the wild birds that frequent their spot, even caught a picture of the rodent that has been digging holes in their yard. We went for walks in the evening, fed the neighbours horses, took a drive to the back of their lot and took pictures from there too, it's absolutely beautiful. We watched a couple of movies too, but for the most part I was on my laptop updating July and August blog entries (I now am all caught up for the summer). Just a few more entries from the first half of the year - and then I'll be all caught up for this year.








Sunday, Sue and George invited our Godparents over - and it was great to visit with them as well. A fantastic afternoon - even if it had to be indoors as it was raining all day today.



On the way home from the homestead, I saw a deer out in their neighbour's field, and then when I turned onto the sub-road towards the highway - I was so pleased to see a moose eating in the field. I was also pleased I had my camera on the front seat, I took the photos and then watched it for a few minutes, they are magnificent animals.



I have had a wonderful summer - hope everyone else has too!

Nincsenek megjegyzések: