12 július 2008

Family Vacation - Day Five

Today we decided to go to the coast and visit a beach, Huntington Beach is where we ultimately decided to go. It was a great time, the sandy beach which had about 30 volleyball nets set-up and in use, the mini market, where I ended up getting my latest ring and all except Dad and Aniko got airbrush tattoos (mine is a dragonfly - picture forthcoming as soon as I download it from Dad's camera). The pier goes way way out, Mom and Dad even saw some fishermen catch a shark, about 3 or 4 feet long (that picture is still on Dad's camera too). Gabor played in the sand and built a sand castle, we stopped for a great lunch at Duke's, I had the Poke Rolls (rare Ahi seared in rice paper with sweet onions) and the Crab and Macnut Wontons (Crabmeat, cream cheese, macadamia nuts, mustard plum sauce) which were both very yummy. I also had a drink called "Tropical Itch" and to all our surprises the drink came with a real size back scratcher!!!! That pic is also on Dad's camera - I'll post it later.
When we got back, Mom made us a fantastic breaded pork dinner and meanwhile the rest of cooled off in the pool and watched the big birds (not sure what type) soaring overhead. And as luck would have it, as soon as I stepped off the patio to get the picture, I stepped right on to a bee and stung the bottom of my foot - ouch!
Spent the rest of the evening relaxing, Gabor put on a show for us in the great room, doing somersaults, singing on stage (a huge fireplace hearth) and giving out kisses and hugs to everyone. I tried to take some night shots, but they are a bit on the unfocused side as I didn't bring a tripod, but never the less, this is our night views.



















Nincsenek megjegyzések: